Sunday 20 November 2011

leaps & bounds

untitled (paris - ml 2011

Well it's been a busy & eventful couple of weeks!   Many good things happening, and I couldn't be more thankful.  I guess I'll start with my biggest news:  I got engaged!  It's something my partner (now fiancé!) and I have talked about for a while, but now it's official and we're really excited.

In career news, I had grant funding approved for the L.E.A.P. program, which provides funding to Seniors organizations to bring in artists to teach workshops or classes.  I'll be doing 8 weeks of Felting with them starting in January!   I also had a really great studio visit from someone who happened to see my work online & had contacted me to come see it in person, which resulted in some great conversation about art and a sale!  I now have a few pieces at Details Past & Present Art Gallery in Charlottetown - my first commercial gallery - so that's exciting too.  And I've been invited to participate in a printmaking show in the new year at Gallery 78 in Fredericton!  Whew!  Busy times!
shakespeare & co. - ml 2011

I think that, even with all that good news, the thing I really feel satisfied about, is that I, just now, after 2.5 months, have finally finished editing my photos from my trip to Paris!  Perseverance rules!
Here are a few of my faves:
carousel at Parc La Villette - ml 2011

omnimax theatre at Parc La Villette - ml 2011


marché aux puces Saint-Ouen - ml 2011

the paris catacombes - ml 2011
books for sale - ml 2011

creatures at Saint-Ouen - ml 2011

montmartre - ml 2011

rest - ml 2011

another door opens - ml 2011
montmartre - ml 2011

rodin's The Kiss - ml 2011   

No comments:

Post a Comment