Tuesday 5 March 2013

black & white

So I have some news to share:  I got accepted as artist-in-residence at Elsewhere in Greensboro, North Carolina! It is a 'living museum' housed in a former thrift store, and the artists who go there (6 at a time) get to create work on-site using all the crazy materials that remain from the owner of the thrift store (who was a hoarder in the best possible way!). It's a huge honour to be accepted (it's highly competitive) and I am so excited to go there and get inspired! I'm sure I will live on that fuel for a good long while. The thing is, I can't really afford it. This artist gig doesn't pay that well (yet!), so I created a crowd-funding page in the hopes of raising some money to help with the trip & cost of the program. If you feel moved to contribute, which you can do here, I am offering some great perks - including prints from this photo-a-day project! And then when I get really famous (which I will, mark my words!), you'll be able to say you helped with that success.

My image for today is a close-up of a sculpture I made by knitting reed together using broom handles.

tangled dreaming - monica lacey 2013
See Juliana's photo here & Minka's here. Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment