Monday 27 May 2013

routine check-in

With summer right around the corner I'm working on getting a hold of my daily routine because there is nothing like beach weather to throw all of your routines & discipline right out the window, right? 

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." ~ Aristotle

take the next train outta town - monica lacey 2013
I'm starting to implement a strict studio schedule for myself (something I've wanted to do for months!) and to seek out collaborations more often. Collaborating gets me so excited & joyful about making art - I love to hear different perspectives, ideas, solutions, strengths. My time at Elsewhere last month also really inspired me toward collaboration.

Last night was the final night of the Island Media Arts Festival, a wonderful gem of a small film festival, and they screened my film, ...for the body, whose heart lives in a cage. It was pretty exciting to see it on the big screen & an honour to be screened in the company of some brilliant filmmakers whose work I really admire. I'm hoping to do more video work in the near future & to sink my teeth into the magic of the moving image for a while.

I've been slacking on the photo-a-day project, but you can enjoy some great photography here on Arlene Giddings' site - she's been shooting like mad!


1 comment:

  1. :O) thanks for the link!
    I kind of fell behind while my husband had surgery so may do the remaining days now anyway just for closure (and because I was having so much fun doing it) Thanks for having invited me to do this!

    ReplyDelete