Thursday 9 May 2013

wood

Home again. I had a fantastic residency at Elsewhere, where I met some great new friends and colleagues - among them Suzy Kopf of NYC, Colin Bliss of Rhode Island, April Bartlett of Dawson City, and Lucia Carroll and Paul Howe, who are both staff at Elsewhere.  Here is a link to the project I created while in residence, The Elsewhere Oracle.

I also had really great visits with old friends doing interesting things in Montreal and North Carolina.

Getting back from a month-long trip it's best to hit the ground running - so I'm jumping straight into the photo-a-day project with two photographer friends, Arlene Giddings, based in PEI, and Samantha Christensen, based in Manitoba.  

Today's theme is wood, and my photo is a promo shot I took for a dear sculptor friend in Black Mountain, NC.

the woodcarver - monica lacey 2013

1 comment: