Tuesday 6 August 2013

nesting

Human nests by Jayson Fann
My husband and I just bought a house. It was, as it seems to be for everyone buying their first home, a whirlwind experience, full of excitement, anxiety, and tons of team decision-making. Luckily, we love it. Absolutely adore it. I'm amazed at how much I love my shed, my yard, the 5 maple trees that shade my deck, how much I love my cupboards, floors, all of it. I can't seem to stop happily decorating and customizing. And, because I have a wonderfully supportive partner who believes in my work, I have the biggest, brightest room as my new studio!

Right now I'm working away on my installation project for this year's Art in the Open here in Charlottetown, PEI. It's going to be a wonderful festival this year with a great lineup of talented artists from PEI and beyond - August 24th, mark your calendars!

I'm also preparing for a series of courses I'll be teaching this fall as Artist-in-Residence for the Town of Stratford.  I'll be teaching adults and seniors, and I'm really looking forward to getting started. In the meantime there is still lots of unpacking to be done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment