Wednesday 22 June 2011

Chronic Advance Planning

 I've always been a bit of a worrier, or as I like to say, an Advance Planner, so when I saw that Spark Box Studio, where I'll be doing a 4 week residency, had posted images of the new location they've just moved into, I breathed a sigh of relief:
The newly renovated Spark Box Studio 
It looks like paradise to me and I can't wait to sit in the yard and pull out my watercolours!  

Part of the reason I chose this location for a residency is that I've always dreamed of having a place like it on PEI -  an open studio that local artists could rent, workshops & outreach programs, and residency opportunities.  I'd love to build it, and luckily my partner, Devon, is an exceptional draftsman & designer & is also interested in this plan.  He's also a gifted musician and we'd really like to accommodate not only visual arts, but music & dance as well.  So on top of going to reflect/process/make art/learn from fellow artists, this is also a recon mission to see how the young couple who owns SBS makes it work. 

I've never been to Prince Edward County, but by all accounts it's gorgeous & peaceful.  Yum :)

Now if I can just resist spending all my money on art supplies when I go through Toronto....

No comments:

Post a Comment