Tuesday 28 June 2011

time + energy = art

Arriving at Spark Box Studio was like stepping into a perfectly heated bath - welcoming, comfortable, soothing, uplifting and inciting a long "ahhhh" from deep within.  The property is about 5 km outside the charming town of Picton, Ontario, and the vistas are full of are climbing vines, flowering trees, and huge open horizons.  It is wonderful to be here :)

A weekend in Toronto was just the thing to prepare me to come here & dig in - especially Pedestrian Sunday in Kensington Market, just the day before I left.  What an explosion of culture that area is - the city celebrating itself in a hundred different ways, from the Capoeira players to the 40-piece Samba band to the Chinese dragon dancers to the many different musicians, spoken word artists, MCs & DJs that lined the streets of the Market.  Not to mention all the yummy food! 

So now it's time to get started.  It feels very much like starting a new job, which is great, because that is exactly what I'm doing!   I've been an artist my whole life, but only recently am I viewing it with the real dedication and drive that a career warrants.  Since I started looking at it more professionally though, things having been going better than I ever imagined.  Such is life - energy and commitment.
lose, seek, find - mini ceramic tiles - monica lacey 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment