Tuesday 21 June 2011

first day of summer, two sleeps to travel

In two days I leave for Toronto, and then Picton, Ontario, where I'll be doing a 4 week residency (basically 4 blissful weeks just to make art) for the month of July.  I'm nervous, excited, and happy to be going into unknown territory, both in geographic and career terms.  The last time I had a stretch that long to make art I was extremely prolific, so I'm hoping for a similar amount of energy.  I'll be working on photo-etchings using SolarPlates, like the proof shown here.  I'm new to printmaking (but smitten with it!) so I'm looking forward to learning from the other printmakers at Spark Box Studio, where I'll be staying.  

Still reeling a bit from graduation (it was just this past Saturday - finished 3 years of study at the New Brunswick College of Craft & Design in Fredericton, NB), and looking forward to processing all I've learned.

I'll be writing about my residency experience, and filling you in a bit on the back-story, so come back & check in or follow along!

1 comment:

  1. I like the name of your blog! :) greetings from Elena!

    ReplyDelete