Thursday 21 February 2013

hurt

pain as a dark horse - monica lacey 2013
This is a photo of a transparent print I made from a negative that was made from another photo. So it's been through a lot. Which is kind of what it's like when you're hurt. It's hard to see through any other lens than pain when that's what you feel. And so many of us walk around in various types of pain and no one knows. 

After I finished teaching my art class to seniors today, one of the RCWs gave me a tour of the other floors of the home where I teach. There's a floor for younger people who need full-time care, and a locked Alzheimer's unit. It sure gave me some perspective, and a deep gratitude for the fact that, while I do feel pain of a few different sorts, it's really not that bad. There is always someone who is hurting more, and nothing takes your own pain away like helping to ease the pain of others.  There are a million ways to do that, and often it only takes a minute, and sometimes just a smile.

See Juliana's photo here & Lee's here.  Tomorrow our theme is Dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment