Wednesday 23 January 2013

emptyness

in her grandmother's handmade dress - monica lacey 2013
The theme for the photo-a-day project today brings to mind an immediate stillness for me - something a bit sad, a bit nostalgic, but peaceful also.  A sense of solitude.  Vastness.  Like a open snow-covered field.  An empty suitcase in an abandoned house.  An absence of things that once were.  It's meaningful to me, so I spent a little extra time today working on it.  The title of this photo is actually true - the dress I'm wearing was indeed my grandmother's dress that she made herself by hand.  Genetics being what they are, I'm exactly her size.  The antique film textures are from the always amazing Lost and Taken.  See Juliana's photo here.  Tomorrow is Contrast of Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment