Sunday 27 January 2013

nourishment

quiche me - monica lacey 2013
Nourishment for me today meant doing lots of yoga, putting in some time on my current painting, having quality time with my sweetheart and by myself, and this tasty supper we made together.  Today was actually the first time I've photographed food.  It's amazing how awful you can make it look, playing with different lighting & effects - you can make it look so gross!  I had fun with it though, and then I ate it when the shoot was finished, yum :-)  Arranging the setting had me thinking of the amazing credits at the beginning of Napoleon Dynamite, remember those?  The delicious sprouts you see there are from my amazing farmer friend Soleil (she's both an amazing farmer and an amazing friend).  If you're in PEI you can get those sprouts at the Riverview Market.  See Juliana's photo here.  Tomorrow is Ice.  No shortage of that where I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment