Friday 11 January 2013

landscape(s)

historic victoria park - monica lacey 2013

i saw sunflowers in your yard - monica lacey 2013
Despite the cold (and again, numb fingers) today, I found myself really enjoying my shoot.  Even more than I love actually shooting landscapes, I love looking at them through the camera, distilling them into sections, small compositions, and taking the time to notice every detail.  I love observing the changes in the light and shadow, the way the wind and time shift things.  I've been itching to make a new composite for a while, so the top image is a digital composite in Photoshop with some vintage wallpaper and film texture/effects from Alien Skin.  The bottom one is a straight digital photo with colour treatment done in Lightroom.  Tomorrow, Person(s).  See Juliana's photo here.

1 comment: